Thanks to this week’s soloists on some or more of the numbers - Les B, Eddie, Mark, Al, Brendan, (Joy, Margo, Donna, Eunice, Carole, Jackie and Anne for contributions to Fever), and (Donna, Carole, Joy and Eunice for contributions to The Tide Is High), Ernie, Carole, Joe and Dave D.
Many thanks indeed to Joy for all the delicious cakes.
Extended and very good STARTIME this week, thanks to:
- Carole gave us Billy Swan’s I Can Help (1974) No 1 on the Billboard and Country Charts, it reached No 6 in the UK.
- Eddie gave us Hank Williams’ I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1949), this was only a B side originally, but has since been recorded by many others as singles and on albums.
- Les B continued the Jim Reeves’ them with When I See The Blues (In Your Pretty Brown Eyes), written and recorded by Carl Belew in 1962 with Floyd Cramer on piano, the song was also recorded by Dean Martin.
- Les H gave us The Rolling Stones’ The Spider and the Fly, from the Out Of Our Heads album (1965)
- Dickie gave us Amanda, popularised by Don Williams (1973) and Waylon Jennings (1974) for whom it stayed at No1 for 3 weeks in The Billboard Country Charts.
Next Week it is the turn of Eunice and Les B. Set list later.