Thanks to this week’s Ashes – Brian on drums; Tom on percussion, Eddie on harmonica and Ken on bass.
Thanks to our soloists this week – Tom; Eric; Eddie; Carole; Joy; Eunice; Mark; Les B; Steve McG; Tommy and Dave D, who did an excellent That’s Life, (not the Esther Rantzen version, the Frank Sinatra one)- first recorded by Marion Montgomery in 1963.
We made up for things with a great STARTIME, thanks to
- Eddie who gave us Bob Dylan’s You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go from his Blood On The Tracks album (1975)
- Les B with Daniel O’Donnell’s I Just Want To Dance With You (1992), it did make no20 in the charts.
- Dave D gave us The Eagles’ Desperado (1973) composed by band members Don Henley and Glenn Frey, who sadly died earlier this year.
- Ernie gave us From A Jack To A King written and recorded by Ned Miller, first recorded in 1957, it made the charts on both sides of the Atlantic in 1963.
- Trevor is in big trouble with Mrs Ainscough, ‘cos he gave us his version of The Flying Pickets’ Only You, with new lyrics and entitled Barbara (And All I Ever Need Is More Shoes) Great stuff.
Next week it’s the turn of Eunice and Les B. Set List attached.
I do hear that at the weekend there are many performances in local pubs in Croston in aid of the flood victims. Wrists bands are £5. See their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/crostonnews/ Well worth a visit if you’ve time to spare.