Thanks to Dave and Lee for a great show this evening. I definitely heard Joe say “We want more Froggy Went A Courting” !!
Thanks to this week’s Ashes – Brendan on drums, Ken on bass, Tom on percussion and Eddie on harmonica.
Thanks to our soloists who lead on many of the numbers – Les B, Ernie (The King) Turner, Joe, Mark, Trevor, Eddie, Lee, David (Call Me Dave) Sloane, Graham P, Donna, Graham K, and Eunice, Diane, Donna, Betty, Joy, Elaine with Joe all sitting in the back seat. Eunice, Donna, Betty and Diane who still had their suds in the bucket.
Thanks to those who covered this week’s STARTIME.
- Mark who sang Bruno Mars’ 2010 The Lazy Song. This was released on Bruno’s debut studio album Doo-Wops and Hooligans and featured his song writing team The Smeezingtons.
- As a part of the Chuck Berry tribute Brendan sang My Ding A Ling. This novelty song was written and recorded by Dave Bartholomew and covered by Chuck in 1972, and became his only no1.
- Les B continued the tribute with Memphis Tennessee (1963). This one has been covered by many including on its release one by Dave Berry and the Cruisers
- Graham P sang Between The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea originally recorded by Cab Calloway in 1931. George Harrison included this on his final album Brainwashed.
- The tribute continued afterwards with Bernard singing Johnny B Goode, Dave D with Maybelline (Chuck’s very first recording), Eddie with Reelin’ and Rockin’ and Lee with Roll Over Beethoven
Please note that this will be our second AGM, the notice having been sent out earlier. No nominations or resolutions have to date been received, so hopefully the meeting will take only a short time. We have tabled a discussion and vote regarding a subscription fee for the coming year. The Committee have recommended that no subscription should be made as Club funds are very healthy at present.