Well, ding dang, we sure had us a swell time last night at The Subby Saloon and so big thanks go to Eunice and Les B for providing us with a great night.
A few brief messages before we go into the detail
(I know some of you don't read to the end)
You will have noticed that Jackie hasn't been with us lately. She hasn't been too good following her accident and so this is just to say that we hope you are on the mend Jackie and that we will see you soon - you are very much missed.
Important Message To Club Night Leaders
Les H has asked me to attach the latest version of one of his songs. This was actually updated last June and sent out to everyone but Les ended up singing the old version from the screen last night and it wasn't right. This has happened a few times now so could club night leaders make sure they've deleted the old stuff off their computers and are using only the latest versions of our songs, please? If you want to download an up to date version of the PUC library then click on the following link. Give it time to download as there are more than 900 items in there. If it's easier, bring in a memory stick and I'll put it all on there for you, no probs. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v0dg8okexot0m3m/AACxHvjMCk4GrZ115_JuNOQRa?dl=0
Dickie's Biscuitinolele (sponsored by Cadbury's)
As mentioned last night, Dickie has very kindly donated to the club his fabulous home-made electro-acoustic biscuit tin ukulele - as ably demonstrated by Brian last night - so that it can be raffled off and the proceeds go to club funds. Just buy a raffle ticket(s), £1 each, over the next few club nights to stand a chance of winning this great uke.
Cheap but brilliant tenor ukulele
Those of you lucky enough to get a Rubin tenor uke for £46.00 off Les H's market stall a while back will vouch for its quality. Sadly, they went out of stock! Now, it appears they are back under a new name at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caramel-CT101-Polished-Zebrawood-Ukulele/dp/B0132L2GA0 and a new price £43.00!!!
Please contact Brian or Carole if you are interested in performing on 2nd December and want more details.
As mentioned above, a smashing night last night with lots of fun. Thanks go to many for this:
- - Eunice & Les B for sorting and introducing the songs
- - the resident dust-to-dust band of Ken, Brian, Brian (deputy Brendan), Eddie & Tommy
- - the star-time performers of Dickie with Brian Brit, Sophie with Dad, Eddie with nobody and Dave D with Brian Brit and Carole on tambourine. I could go on at length about each song and performance (please do, says Dave) but suffice to say they were all top-notch and provided us with great entertainment.
- - the folk who led the songs throughout the night: Eddie, Dave D, Carole, Eddie, Brian Bel, Les H., Eddie, Brendan, Brian Brit, Mark and Eddie.
- - John & Owen behind the bar line-dancing to 'Achy Breaky Heart'.
Apologies to anyone left out.
Some new songs coming out tomorrow.
Graham (in Steve's absence).