Thanks to this week’s volunteers who lead on some of the numbers (the real professionals are back) – Ernie; Trevor; DavidS; Eddie; Steve McG; Mark; Les H; George. Gillian, Carole, Joy, Eunice and Jo were all Bobby’s Girls, Stupid Cupids and Sitting in the Back Seat. Gillian; Jo; Brian.
Joe and Eddie gave us a newly arranged version of Wagon Wheel. The song was good, but not as big as I remember it from when I was a kid. But ain’t that becoming the same with all chocolate products.
A very good and extended STARTIME, so thanks to
- Eddie for giving us Hank Williams’ With Tears In My Eyes. Recorded in the late 40’s but released as a posthumous single in 1957.
- Carole sang us Chas and Dave’s Ain’t No Pleasing You (1982) from the album Mustn’t Grumble.
- Mark gave us Randy Travis’ Digging Up Bones from his Storms of Life album (1986)
- Steve McG sang calypso style, The Andrews Sisters’ Rum and Coca-Cola. This record spent 10 weeks at the top of the Billboard hit parade in 1945. Round about the first time Steve performed it.
- Joe gave us Pennies From Heaven. Written in 1936 and performed by Bing Crosby in the film of the same name. (That’s the film Pennies from Heaven, not the film Bing Crosby). The song is a standard for many and was a big hit for The Skyliners in 1960.