An extended and brilliant STARTIME, so thanks to
- Bernard who sang about the time When I Was A Lad. There are other versions, including one based on Liverpool, but this one has an Irish origin.
- Joe and Dave ( thankfully mainly Joe) gave us Boot Scooting Boogie. Another one from Brooks and Dunn (1991)
- Donna and Eddie sang The Wind Beneath My Wings. The song was written in 1982 and recorded originally by Roger Whittaker, and then by Lou Rawls in 1983 and again in the same year by Gladys Knight and the Pips, but the most famous and successful was by Bette Midler in 1989. It went on to win Grammys and was the soundtrack to the film Beaches. In a 2002 poll, it was the most popular song to be played at funerals.
- Al gave us The Only Living Boy in New York, from Simon and Garfunkel’s Bridge Over Troubled Water LP. I say LP on not album, ‘cos I have it on the original vinyl. (1970).
- Carole then sang Randy Newman’s You’ve Got A Friend In Me, written as the theme song for the Disney Pixar film Toy Story (1995)
Next week it’s the turn of Eunice and Les B. Set list later.