Wigan Subscription is a friendly crown green bowling and social club. Founded in 1852, it become a limited company in 1924. Affectionately known as ‘the Subby’ it caters for all ages from teenagers to 99 years. There are currently just less than 200 members of which approximately 40% are bowlers with the remaining 60% being social members. They are open seven days a week, for 364 days per year closing only on Christmas day.The club is located just off Park Road opposite Mesnes Park. So discreetly placed that, despite living in the Wigan area, many local people are not aware of the club's existence even though it is only a five minute walk from Wigan Centre!